Friday, August 28, 2015

Class Rules + Owl Name

Every year I ask students to help me set rules/expectations for our classroom. They have an idea of what rules they should be following and how they can be successful in school. I gave them 3 categories: Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible. Then they thought of rules they thought we should have for each category. 

(The poster with the green marker is switch class and the blue marker is my homeroom class. This helps me with organization of nearly 40 students.)




I also have an Awesome Owl each year. It is a class "pet" that we have. I watch the class to see who is making good choices, being a leader, helping others, etc. Once student then gets to bring the owl home for the weekend and completes an entry with photos. They get to share it with the class on Monday in addition to getting to be line leader and a special helper. Everyone loves that the Awesome Owl gets to sit on an exercise balance ball for the week instead of a classroom chair. This year Mrs. Baird and I will discuss who is going to be Awesome Owl for the week.

Since I have 2 classes, I bought 2 owls. I had each class brainstorm a name for the owl during our Community Circle. Then students voted on their favorite name. The switch class has an owl named Cherry Berry Ashton McClure. My homeroom's class owl is Obama Nightwing McClure.





No comments:

Post a Comment