Friday, August 29, 2014

Awesome Owl--Bob

Every year I have a class mascot who stays in our classroom each week and then gets to go home with one student.  I choose a student who has done a great job of following directions, being compassionate, is helpful, makes good choices, and puts in a lot of effort. WE have decided to call this person an Awesome Owl.

I bought a new owl mascot but wanted the class to name it. Each student gave me a name idea for the owl.


They then got to review the names and choose their absolute favorite and voted. This helped narrow down the choices to the top 3 names.

I wrote the names on the SmartBoard and then had students use a paper ballot to once again vote for the owl's name. As I read each vote I put a tally mark next to the name. It was a close race, but Bob was the name of choice.

Now I have the opportunity to send Bob home each week with a student. Bob also has a Journal book that goes with him. Students are able to write in the book, add photos, and write little details about themselves and the fun they had with Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment